Platform Support Technician
We come from humble beginnings — picture a one-person organization created in 1949 to advocate for excellence in public education on behalf of Texas school board members. Flash forward to today, and we have over 500 employees working together to provide 1,024 school districts with purposeful resources so they can focus on what matters most — excellent and equitable education for all 5.4 million Texas students. At TASB, the motto has always been “expert help from friendly people,” which makes it easy to see how we’ve maintained 100% membership across all Texas school boards for 32 years and counting. We combine a strong sense of tradition with innovation, and our mission — educational excellence for all Texas schoolchildren through advocacy, visionary leadership, and high-quality services to school districts — has played out in transformative ways.
Why Texas Association of School Boards (TASB)
As TASBeans (our internal name for employees), we feel privileged to work alongside talented team-members who are passionate about education and enjoy learning from new and different perspectives. We believe what makes our organization highly successful is the rich diversity our employees collectively bring to TASB with different backgrounds, skillsets, cultures and ethnicities, gender identities, interests, abilities, and work styles. And our passion for education and learning doesn’t end there. Our culture has always encouraged employees to grow and become their best selves both professionally and personally through a variety of innovative and collaborative development opportunities. You’re likely beginning to see why we’ve been regularly named by Austin Business Journal as a Top Ten Best Places to Work since 2009! But there’s more…
TASB offers competitive pay, rich benefits (including retirement matching of 2:1 up to 5% after one year. This means that if you contribute 5% to the plan, TASB will contribute 10%), onsite daycare, gym, fitness classes, dry-cleaning services, tuition reimbursement, remote work options, flexible schedules, and more.
Every role at TASB thoughtfully complements our mission and the educational impact being made in communities across Texas. If you consider your work exceptional and want to help drive our mission forward, keep reading!
We’re looking for an RMS Platform Support Technician to work in a fast-paced RMS Platform Support department to work and collaborate with the RMS Platform Support Team to deliver excellent customer support to the RMS business users as well as participate in business-critical projects to ensure the success of the organization.
A Typical Day
- Provide ongoing user and systems support and analysis for Risk Management Services member, underwriting, and claims administration SaaS platform and related/integrated platforms and services.
- Provide day-to-day Support for RMS BUs (Business Units); manage of service ticket requests and platform defect resolution.
- Provide testing support and associated documentation system enhancements, and support processes.
- Operate and support RMS BU users as a Power User by becoming familiar with each of TASB Core business support needs.
- Set up problem logs, documenting RCAs (Root Cause Analysis) on P1/S1 issues/defect identified and/or raised by Service Now Ticket request.
- If you’re still reading, we’d love to meet you!
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Cross train with other Platform Support Analysts for SaaS platforms and related/integrated platforms and services.
- Report critical Issues and changes made to SaaS platforms and related/integrated platforms and services.
- Complete User Access Add/Changes and Administration based on approvals provided by RMS BU and RMS Division Directors.
- Analyze and reconcile data within and across systems to ensure accurate data capture and reporting consistent with business rules or compliance/reporting requirements.
- Work as part of the RMS Systems Support Team to resolve all Tasks/Service requests assigned and other duties that are needed.
- Participate in after-hours support activities as needed
- This position is based at the TASB headquarters in Austin, TX with minimal travel requirements
Skills For Success
- Insurance Policy and Claims System is strongly desired, (preferably Origami Risk SaaS Platform)
- OnBase Document SaaS, ERP and CRM Platform troubleshooting / Management
- Experience in the Insurance industry
- Microsoft Windows
- ServiceNow incident and request management
- High School diploma or equivalent required, A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 1-2 years related experience
The TASB Difference
- Enjoy competitive pay and rich benefit offerings.
- Be part of a collaborative environment where every contribution impacts Texas public schoolchildren.
- Thrive in a culture that promotes bringing your whole self to work every day and emphasizes healthy boundaries and work-life balance.
- Learn and grow individually and together through frequent professional development; diversity, equity, and inclusion panels; wellness seminars; and more.
- Work alongside transparent leaders with an open and consistent feedback approach.
- Celebrate as a team with meaningful (and fun) events and tokens of appreciation throughout the year.
- TASB is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, disability, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
- This position does not qualify for visa sponsorship.
- Any job offer is contingent upon receipt of results of a satisfactory background check.