Support the education of MISD students by ensuring that technology resources, including network connectivity, communication systems, training, work space, documentation, and hardware/software tools are available to internal and external customers in order for them to successfully perform their duties or functions; serve as the point of contact for technology needs; serve as a leader for technology staff; will be responsible for overseeing budgeted funds related to technology, managing the department personnel, working closely with the department staff on progress towards performance goals, device inventory, and proactively communicating the vision of the District to stakeholders. This position is responsible for ensuring that all systems, servers and infrastructure are functional and operational on an ongoing basis (24 x 7) to provide accessibility for all students, faculty and staff.
Master’s degree preferred
Bachelor’s degree required
Technology industry certification(s)
3-5 years experience in public education environment
Duties and Responsibilites:
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan, organize, lead and/or supervise the activities of the technology department.
- Communicate District IT policies, procedures, and plans concisely, clearly, and effectively to all stakeholders, internally and externally, in written and spoken format.
- Manage, direct, and assign priorities and personnel and District partners to major projects to ensure attainment of district and department goals and objectives. Perform consistent and timely review of progress toward completion of projects.
- Serve as a resource for emerging technologies in curriculum and instruction as well as administrative tasks.
- Collaborate with other district personnel in developing and coordinating professional development and training, especially as it relates to the use of technology.
- Develop and implement an adequate network security plan, a disaster recovery plan, a replacement and disposal plan, and policies and procedures related, but not limited to, acceptable use.
- Oversee district-wide support for technology which includes, but is not limited to, the evaluation, installation, maintenance, repair, and upgrading of technology devices, infrastructure and systems.
- Oversee cross-training assignments and practices of department procedures.
- Oversee technology needs during the renovation of existing buildings as well as the new construction of buildings.
- Oversee the assessment of technology desktop and mobile systems in support of the replacement program and the deployment of new systems.
- Regularly evaluate the district’s use of technology and recommend alterations and expansions as necessary.
- Work with internal and external customers, including students, educators, administrators, school board members, parents, colleagues, vendors and the community.
- As an information resource by being responsible for acquiring and disseminating technical expertise, as well as policy and procedural knowledge.
- Lead project management of district-wide technology deployments and implementations.
- Develop documentation of technology processes and procedures.
- Communicate regularly with departmental and campus administration regarding the status of current project initiatives.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement key tools or processes to enhance the department’s ability to proactively deliver high quality, accurate, and useful reports and/or respond to customer data requests within deadlines.
- Manage data requests and turn them into clearly defined tasks or projects for the team, with well-defined parameters and deliverables. Prioritize requests to ensure the team’s efforts are spent in the most value-added areas.
- Identify opportunities and assist in continuously improving the data discovery and onboarding process; assist with defining standard data quality checks at appropriate stages to ensure all data meets requirements for analytics and reporting.
- Collaborate with other leaders to set and execute a strategy for data capture and data delivery.
- Provide staff with ongoing guidance and training; assist in providing leadership and technical direction to staff.
- Communicate awareness and understanding of data information needs, objectives, and direction to upper management and make recommendations as needed.
- Assume primary responsibility for project coordination and communication on all assigned projects.
- Maintains liaison relationship with school contacts.
- Establishes district requirements and interprets local, state and federal requirements for student information collection.
- Coordinate the ERATE application process and maintain accurate records
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Assist with implementing the policies established by state and federal law, State Board of Education rules, and local board policy in the area of information management and technology.
- Assist with all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend professional growth activities to keep abreast of innovations in information management and technology services.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
- Be knowledgeable and supportive of district and department missions, visions and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise Infrastructure and Technical support teams.