Reports to assigned project leadership. Provides support in planning, coordination, and project management activities to meet specifications, cost, and schedule. Provides administration to maintain management and project facilitation for the successful completion per compliance, contractual, owner requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, architecture, or equivalent technical area of study. Two years of relevant experience in the administration of project management activities in construction, engineering or architectural related field may be substituted for each year of required education.
Or, Bachelor’s degree in business disciplines such as business administration, accounting/finance or management AND two (2) or more years of experience in administration of project management activities on construction, engineering or architectural related projects.
Plan to obtain experience and necessary knowledge to obtain CCM Certification is desired.
Knowledge and application of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering, and construction principles, techniques, materials, applications, and practices.
Understanding of contracts, documents, drawings, and specifications
Experience to apply project accounting, cost, administrative, and personnel interaction in professional settings
Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, and experience with project management related systems such ProCore, ProjectMates or e-builder
2 years of related experience in architecture, construction or engineering fields required
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Functional knowledge of project development to include contracts, design and construction management, project systems and delivery and specifications to ensure relation and compliance to project requirements.
- Helps develop projects specific procedures, documentation, contract, and related project delivery systems for the project.
- Obtains, maintains, and administers the data, information, communications, and approvals required by project and company requirements between owner, architects, engineers, and other project related entities.
- Attends necessary public forums and meetings.
- Provides coordination and monitoring activities of project management staff, contractors, engineers, architects, and related performing entities.
- Administers project controls, cost, and performance activities and procedures.
- Participates in project meetings to include documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information and statuses.
- Provide administration of project logistics, organization, systems, and personnel resources.
- Participates to ensure project closeout to secure appropriate provisions for final project delivery to owner entities.
- Independently oversee related activities as necessary.
- Represent Waco ISD and related entities in a professional manner at all times to ensure district policies and procedures are followed as well as compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Provide periodic reports of construction progress and be available for school board presentations.
- Conduct 11-month inspection of all new facilities.
- Compile necessary reports, maintain and file all construction documents.
- Assist district in maintaining safety standards in conformance with federal, state and insurance regulations.
- Advise the Assist Director of Construction of unaddressed, potential safety hazards at each construction project site.
Design, Development and Bidding
- Assist in estimation of costs for construction projects and develop scope of work.
- Review requests for payments from contractors for approval by Assistant Director of Construction and Chief Officer of Facilities & Operations.
- Coordinate construction projects for efficient and effective use of district funds.
- Assist the district in the development of proposal documents.
- Assist the district in evaluation of proposals and the capabilities of the proposers.
- Participate and assist the district in the design phase of new projects.
- Recommend alternate details or materials as appropriate to make the jobs more cost effective or to improve quality.
- Identify and plan for critical long lead items that may interfere with the construction schedule.
- Assist in the planning and scheduling of furniture delivery.
- Assist in the budgeting, planning, preparation and administration of capital project funds.