Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Exemption Status: Nonexempt/At-Will
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Pay Grade: D5
Dept./School: Business Services
Calendar Days: 226
Under general supervision, account for the timely, accurate, and proper processing and payment of all invoices, ensure the claims with all purchase orders, audit and approve all invoices, appropriately classify expenses and accurately maintain vendor records.
High school diploma or GED
Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices
Ability to use computer and software to develop spreadsheets and do word processing
Proficient in keyboarding, 10-key numerical data entry, and file maintenance
Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner to meet established deadlines
Three years experience or college course work in accounting-related subjects
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Reviews all invoices/travel assuring completeness and accuracy for all information required
2. Processes requests for payment
3. Assures that invoices/travel are paid accurately and on a timely basis so as to take advantage of discounts and avoid finance charges
4. Maintains a complete and accurate file of all assigned vendors
5. Conducts research of vendor files in order to assure that all payments have been properly and accurately recorded
6. Performs other job-related duties as may be assigned by the Assistant Superintendent for Finance, Accounting Manager or designee.
7. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
8. Maintain confidentiality.
9. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
The Harlandale Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or on any other basis prohibited by law.
An Equal Opportunity Employer